Sunday, February 24, 2013

We're off to see the wizard!

Tomorrow is a huge day for me. I have an appointment with the famous Dr. Grubb at the University of Toledo Medical Center. I feel like I've been waiting forever for this, even though it has only been about 13 months. You'd think that with all that time I'd have worked out my nerves, but I haven't. I feel like I've put so many eggs in this basket and what if he doesn't have anything new for me to try or new information? What if he says this is it, this is as good as I'm ever going to feel? What if this is it, we are at the end of our options? I think of those possibilities and try to remind myself that there are possible good outcomes as well. What if he says he has a treatment for me to try and it works? What if he can tell me information about POTS that no one could before? What if he tells me things will get better? What if they do? I guess in the end, worrying that things won't go well won't get me any further than hoping for a good outcome. Either way I could get hurt or not, but only one will make me feel bad now. Tonight I will resolve to keep a positive mindset and hope for the best. So tomorrow we see the wizard, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment