Friday, January 20, 2012

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday...

I keep trying to remind myself that no matter what I'm faced with, there is always hope that tomorrow will be better. I think its important to keep hope in your life. I'm not claiming that that is an original idea, of course its not, but it is important to remember. Sometimes when it seems like nothing is going my way I remind myself of all the things I'm blessed with and grateful for. I have a family that loves and supports me, I have food, shelter, a warm bed and access to medical treatment. I don't have a fatal disease, mine affects my quality of life rather than threatening to take it. I have a diagnosis, even if its not something I want to have, not know what was wrong with me was torture. And I have the little things.

My friends text me and message me on Facebook all the time which makes me smile. My puppies like to snuggle on my feet and beg for me to pet them. I got a new haircut (to hide all the fact that much of it has fallen out). I have endless hours of games on my iPhone. I have tons of nail polish to choose from for nail designs. I'm a guild master of a successful raiding guild on WoW. My sims just had twins. And tonight there may be snow. Its like the song goes, "I simply remember my favorite things, and then I don't feel so bad..."

Today I challenge you all, POTSies or not, write down your favorite things. The little things that make you smile that you may not think about often, but that make you smile when you do. When you're feeling down or bad, remember the things you have and the things you are grateful for...

And Daisey says hello... she wants to kiss your face.


No comments:

Post a Comment