Sunday, January 1, 2012

POTS and contacts

I don't know if anyone else has contacts, but I found this and thought I'd share it since it explains what is going on with me. I've been having problems with too much protein in my contacts (this makes them dry and itchy). The eye doctor said that it just happens with some people. After trying different types of solutions, I finally went to the more expensive daily wear contacts, those worked out very well. Today I was researching POTS after passing out for the second time this week and stumbled upon some article that said that the autonomic nervous system controls the amount of protein in the eye. Maybe this explains my eye protein problem, if you have POTS and have the same problem maybe it will help you to know that it's likely a part of POTS. I rarely use contacts these days, but when I do, I use oasis dailies. I find they are much more comfortable, and I'd they get uncomfortable I don't feel guilty taking them out and throwing them away. Hope it helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment