Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Years!

I asked friends on Facebook what they regret about this year and why. After I posted it, it occurred to me that I didn't have an answer. It took me a while, sitting and thinking about it, but still, nothing. So I looked at my calendar from this year and it was made clear what the problem was. I didn't really do anything this year. I did a few little things with friends, but the whole year I pretty much spent at home. I didn't do anything I regret, because I didn't do anything. Where did the year go? 
Next year I want to force myself to do more. Whether that means sitting outside on the deck on bad days or getting out of the house on good days, just doing something outside of the house. I also need to get into a routine of some sort of exercise. I've heard that it is important to exercise with POTS, especially your lower legs, but its hard to keep doing something that completely wipes you out. I plan to start by doing little things like yoga in bed and playing Wii (which is great for aerobics and you can do stuff on an exercise ball or in a chair). Once I get up to the point where I'm ready, I can try the seated bike and walking on the treadmill at the gym. It may not sound like much, but I'm trying to set small goals so I can keep them.
What are you planning on doing to better yourself in 2012? I challenge you to do something this year to make a positive impact on your life or the lives of those around you. Lets make 2012 a year to remember! 


No comments:

Post a Comment