Thursday, June 28, 2012

Surgery tomorrow

My EEG mummy look. 
Tomorrow I am having surgery to get an implantable loop recorder put in. Its a small device, about the size of a flash drive, that will be put under my muscle tissue in my chest. It will detect irregular heart beats and give us a better picture of what is going on with all the fainting. The loop recorder can be left in for up to three years, so that will give us lots of data to work with.
I have to admit, I'm nervous about the surgery. Not in a "am I going to die" kind of way, more in the sense that I'm going to be unconscious on a table with two guys holding scalpels cutting me open. The risk of the surgery is negligible, its the risk of infection post-op that is what we need to worry about, especially with me fainting so much. Each time I faint while recovering, it risks ripping open stitches and allowing bacteria in. For that reason, I think my next week will probably be spent in bed. I'm changed my sheets, stocked my room with snacks and movies, bought some new coloring books, and sorted my next two weeks worth of pills out. I feel ready, I'm just nervous.
My broken finger. :(
Anyway, I wanted to give an update on progress.
I'm on wait lists for service dog and Dr. Grubb.
I broke my finger the other day falling on the steps in front of our house.
My EEG came out normal, no seizures!


In other news, our garden is in full bloom! Got Pots? :)
Got POTS?

1 comment:

  1. Poor broken finger! Yay for the surgery being able to give you data to try to figure things out, though. I really, really hope this helps. *hugs* I'll be praying for a safe surgery AND recovery.

    ReplyDelete