Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Life after the loop...

Hey there guys and gals,
I wanted to give you a quick update. My loop recorder surgery went well, actually it was better than expected. My amazing cardiologist and plastic surgeon team were able to put the implant under my breast tissue instead of on my upper chest. That means that the scar won't show (even in a bikini) and the device won't show! I am very excited about that fact. The surgery went well, as expected I was in a lot of pain after (apparently it hurts more where they put mind because the nerves there are more sensitive) but the pain pills they gave me helped with that. I still have some pain when I move around and with tight clothes, but I'm told that will go away over time (this thing is only in for a maximum of 3 years anyway). Overall I'm really happy I got the loop. We have some early results which suggest we may know what is going on, but I won't know more until I get more recordings. Luckily I have been having an easier time since surgery, my doctor thinks I may be in a mild remission due to the stress of surgery. While I've been very tired and sleeping a lot, I haven't been passing out more than once a day since surgery! I'm very optimistic about that. It helps me remember that I could get better one day and have all of this be a memory. Besides the medical stuff, my life is going great! I have been catching up with old friends, started dating an amazing guy, and I've been getting out of the house more. I've been able to help more with chores in the house, with the dogs, and in the garden too! I'm looking into starting an Etsy account to make some extra money with crafts, so we'll see how that goes. I'm also looking forward to going to visit family around Halloween in New Orleans. Overall even with the POTS, life is going well. I guess its all a matter of adapting after all.
Be well,
Phoenix

No comments:

Post a Comment