Thursday, March 31, 2011

Unpleasantries

So all night I've been nibbling on salty snack foods like my doctor said to do. Then I took my nightly pills. About a half hour later I started throwing up. I proceeded throwing up a few times until I could keep my Zofran down long enough for it to work. Now this may sound like nothing much, but I loathe bodily fluids.  I would rather feel horrible longer and not throw up than to actually allow myself to lose it. For whatever reason, vomiting is probably one of my worst fears. People say you'll get used to it, but one, who would want to, and two, how the hell would you ever get used to it? They say morning sickness, chemo, the flu, even over drinking in college all help you. I'd avoid those things like the plague if I could. Well, this isn't one of my wittier or more pleasant blogs, but its whats on my mind. To those people out there with some reason why they have to throw up frequently, I am so very sorry. It sucks.

Update: It was the salt tablets that were making me sick. I stopped them and started feeling better in a few days. If you take salt tabs and get sick, talk to your doctor immediately, it can make you very dehydrated very fast which is bad for dysautonomia and low bp.

No comments:

Post a Comment